Monday, June 04, 2012

A return to Mindful Mondays (#22)

A brief thought-of-the-day as I get back to writing these MM posts each week:

"To thine own self be true. Bah, ram, ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your stock be true."

err...wait a second...

Well, whatever masterpiece from which you choose to draw your inspiration, the fact remains: Sticking to your strengths and your morals (...and your self, breed, fleece, etc.) will garner the most success. Right? That's what they tell me, anyway.


On this beautiful summer Monday, remember where you came from and what has brought you to this point in your life. As opportunities come your way, remember to stay true to yourself when choosing which ones to take advantage of and which ones to let pass you by. At the same time, however, know that these summer months can mean idleness to many (or is that just me?). Don't let them slip away without---


Ah what the heck. I don't have any philosophical or moral insight here. I just found myself misquoting that line and thought I could find some way to work it into a MM post. Turns out I can't. Take it for what it is, folks. And go watch Babe. What a classic.


Happy Monday!!!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment