Yep, I'm skipping birthday festivities and moving on to Easter, not because it was a completely uneventful day, but because I'm staying at my cousin's house for a few days and don't have my camera cord. Thus, we are left only with the few pictures from my phone, which I took today.
As for today,
I started with an Italian [Catholic] church service. I understood
[Nope, my phone isn't cooperating either, so just imagine a picture of a little church here]
Then it was back home for the Easter lunch. Meals here, I have quickly learned, never end. They basically consist of the same categories of food as back home, but it's always one at a time (and thus larger portions of each). Here's today's menu, minus the three lame pictures I took (thus you're not missing much). Feel free to use your imagination.
- Antipasti (basically, appetizer-like items)-- a spinach/ricotta torte, another torte thing, salami, cheese, etc.
- Pasta-- lasagna. Yummo.
- Meat-- these delish cutlet things of steak, rolled up with a breadcrumb mixture, cheese, and rosemary on the inside.
- Salad-- lettuce, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt (they keep salad simple here, although it typically involves corn, which is new for me [and I like it!])
- Fruit-- my cousin and aunt made me an EdibleArrangements-esque array of fruit for my bday, and we had the leftovers
- Dessert-- an Easter cake and a ton of chocolate from a ton of giant Easter eggs
- Coffee/Tea or Limoncello/Spumante