Friday, March 16, 2012

Verbalizing my faith.

A couple of days ago I was sitting on campus when two girls approached me. They said they were with a group from U. Minnesota, here on Spring Break with Gator Christian Life, and that "they were trying to get a 'feel' for what the Christian vibe was on campus."

The good weather had put me in a particularly chipper mood, so I obliged their survey request. They asked the following:
  • Do you practice any certain faith?
  • Did you have a Christian upbringing?
  • Who is Jesus to you?
  • Do you believe in salvation by faith alone?
  • Do you believe in Heaven/Hell?
  • How confident are you the you'll go to heaven?
  • (and maybe some others)
Z claims that sitting outside (on campus) regularly will deliver several such encounters per week, but my small-school background made this a relatively novel experience. It was interesting for me, because while I've talked to plenty of friends--old and new--about my faith, I don't think I've ever had a random stranger approach me about it. Call me sheltered, or a bad disciple, or whatever you want. I'm just trying to be honest here.

If you're curious, we (the two girls and I) had a really lovely conversation. [I think they were pleasantly surprised, both by my willingness to chat, and my established faith...]

This was my train of thought after the conversation ceased:

If you have a minute, I encourage you to scroll back up to those questions and answer them for yourself. Seriously, don't just glance over the words; think/say exactly how you would respond. It's a nice little exercise.


-----------------------
In other news...

IT'S MY LAST DAY IN GAINESVILLE! dang. Where's the time go?

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone. Happy St. Paddy's Day [tomorrow]!
-M


1 comment:

  1. apparently, St. Patrick's day is actually shortened to St Paddy's Day w/ d's.
    fyi, or something to look up

    ReplyDelete