Monday, March 05, 2012

MM (18)

As I sit on this couch to write my 18th Mindful Monday (dang, where's the time gone?!), I can feel that post-beach/post-boat feeling of an ever-so-slight sway of my inner ear to-and-fro. I'm not the only one who gets that, right? It's not uncomfortable or anything; just a subtle reminder of a great day out under a big sky.
This week, Z and I are enjoying Spring Break in the company of his wonderful family at their incredibly relaxing Lake house. It is a place that, for them, means family, sailing, good food, and fun. It represents a pouring-out of God's blessings. It is a wonderful place to be...


I've got Fracis Chan's Crazy Love perched next to me, waiting to be re-read/finished. In his first few chapters, Francis calls his readers to [re]consider God's greatness, His unending love for us--sinners--and the desire we ought to have to love him back in grateful, authentic praise. It's hard to be in such a beautiful location and not want to thank God every moment.

So this Mindful Monday I'm just trying to do that. I'm trying to be thankful for what I've got, pure and simple. This is a blessed life, for sure, and I don't want to take that for granted.

 I'll keep chugging away at this book and others; hopefully I'll stumble across something worthy of sharing. Till then, happy Monday, y'all! And happy Spring Break for those of you who are lucky enough to have one!

sittin' on the dock of the bay...

-M



No comments:

Post a Comment